Early learners at Bondi Junction Veterinary Hospital
SPONSORED BY VITAPET
· The course is run by Bondi Behaviourist.
· A five-week course, consisting of one session per week, for puppies aged 8-12 Weeks
· The course runs at the Bondi Junction Veterinary Hospital, 12 Ebley Street, Bondi Junction on Tuesday evenings between 6.00 – 7.00Pm
· Class size is limited to four dogs to encourage maximum participation in each class
· Each Course is to be paid in full ($190 including GST) before the course begins, an invoice will be sent to the client upon booking. Cancellations within seven days of the course beginning will not be refunded.
· Family involvement in the dog training is encouraged, Attendance by children over the age of five is encouraged. If you require any more than two spaces in class please let our team know when making the booking.
Each puppy is required to be:
· Healthy and vaccines up to date. We understand puppies will be at different stages of vaccinations depending on their age. However, puppies over 6 weeks of age should have received their first vaccination. Those over 12 weeks of age should have received their second vaccination and those over 16 weeks of age should have received their third and final vaccination of the year.
· Up to date worming. Worming should be done every 2 weeks until puppies are 16 weeks of age. Thereafter they should be wormed every three months.
We recommend puppies enrolling in puppy class are:
· Hungry, do not feed them after lunch on the day of the class, we provide training treats and rewards. If your puppy has specific dietary requirements, please notify us.
· On a flat collar or harness, and lead. (No Extendable/Flexi Leads)
By the end of the course, the puppy should:
· Be able to understand basic commands including sit, stay and wait
· Be better socialised with dogs and people
· Be calm and confident when interacting with dogs and people
· Enjoy playing games and learning
By the end of the course, the owners should:
· Understand how to provide what the dog needs in order to bring the best out of their pup
· Understand how to toilet train their pup
· Understand the importance of calm interaction as well as games
· Understand dog body language
· Have an understanding on how to deal with ‘problem behaviours’
· Understand how to teach their pup how to walk well on lead
· Understand how to build their pups confidence in different situations
· Understand how to communicate with their pup in order to achieve what it is they want
· Understand how and when to use basic obedience training in real life situations